Sunday, June 26, 2016

Dreams Really Do Come True



The idea of dreams coming true has been very much on my mind and in my heart the past few weeks as we enjoy the amazing blessing of our new office suites here in St Joseph, Michigan. See my previous post: Welcome Home.

Yesterday afternoon, I had a wonderful girls night out with my sister, Janis. We were guests of  our friend and colleague, Jana Serbenski, at the Paw Paw Michigan Young American Summer Camp show.

I was moved to tears by many features of the event: a special time for my sister and me (we both shaved our legs for it), the talented and enthusiastic performance by the Young Americans, and the equally talented and doubly enthusiastic performance with the 200 campers ranging in ages from 8-18. 



If you are not familiar with Young Americans, check out the information about them online. They are an amazing organization that promotes a better world through music and dance. Be sure to read about their educational mission.


That cast of forty young adults made every single child believe he or she can perform! Most remarkable is that they did this in just four days. These kids’ lives are transformed. 


The performance was inspiring, delightful, and it has a positive financial impact as well: At the end of the show, Paw Paw High School Performing Arts was presented with a check for over $11,000. In the five years since Jana held the first camp, over $80,000 has come back to their school. So much costs, but this event pays. Amazing….

 
Jana was a Young American. She had the dream to make this happen in her community. It was a worthy dream. Her dream offered benefits to everyone involved. The fruition of that dream took teamwork, but it was fun, and this is only the beginning.

Those same elements are woven into our new space at 815 Main Street Suites. No wonder I was so emotional through so much of the evening.

As I was congratulating Jana, she said, “Every school district should have a Young American Summer Camp.” I agree wholeheartedly. Jana is dreaming again, and I can see that dream coming true. 

This is a magical time of our lives.Take some time to open up to what you can dream into our world. Dreams really do come true.