Tuesday, July 22, 2014

No Benefit in Worrying



A wonderful woman I have been working with is facing a surgery that has been referred to as "The Mother of All Surgeries." She is an amazing individual, and she did her homework to find the right team to do this surgery for her.

At the same time she is on this amazing healing journey (one that alone could be a full-time endeavor for some), a huge project is coming together at work as well.

Things just seem so amplified for many people right now.

After meeting with her, I spent some time writing a tapping (EFT) script for helping her Imagine Healing. This is the last sequence in that tapping:

EB:    I realize my healing journey is unfolding;  
SE:     and I am extremely grateful for that.
UE:    My body can relax a bit more into the truth of that now.
UN:    Maybe a good outcome for the surgery can be easier than I thought.
CH:    It won't happen exactly as I imagined it, but things can go better than expected.
CB:    I am grateful for feeling any relaxation, 
UA:    as I deal with what needs to be done.
TH:    This journey may help me help others some day. For that, I am glad.

As I read through the words again just now, I realize if you just take out the words "for the surgery" this is a message for each of us. 

Some are struggling to make ends meet. Many are experiencing physical challenges. People are navigating their way to a sane and sober life after a time of having been using substances or behaviors to numb pain from their past. 

Each of us can say honestly, "I realize my healing journey is unfolding; this journey may help me help others some day; and I am extremely grateful for that." Our bodies can relax into the truth of all this and more. How many times have we worried about something that never came to be? Often the gifts and blessings amidst challenges far exceed anything we might have imagined. 

One thing is certain, as the Dalai Lama said, “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”