Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bench Chat



When I saw this photo on the wall of a friend on Facebook a few days ago, I instantly had the thought I would blog about it. 


This morning early, it was quite interesting to receive a text asking me if I communicate with people who have passed. I told her I learned the work Dr. Alan Bodkin calls "Induced After Death Communication." I use that, when appropriate, to help people overcome grief, face fears, and resolve internal conflicts. 

She wrote back, "Does that mean you are a medium?"

Explaining that Dr. Bodkin says you do not have to believe in spirits to have the technique be helpful, I went on to say that I am very intentional to work within the individual's beliefs. I added my own belief that we are all mediums, meaning that spirit can and does communicate to and through each of us. 

I remembered and shared with her the Thanksgiving my daughter, Stacey, came to Michigan. She got ready to make my mom's famous Dutch Apple Pie, but realized she did not have the recipe. After quite some time of struggling to remember the ingredients and the quanties, the information clearly popped into her mind. At just that moment of clarity, Stacey heard my mom's voice in her head say, "Well, damn, Sugar, I've been trying to tell you!"

Whatever your beliefs, if you would treasure some time with a loved one who is now in spirit, decide a location where you would like to meet. Or just sit with your loved one in your mind's eye on this bench. Close your eyes and get comfortable. Bring your attention to your heart. Use your imagination and just see what wonderful happens.

You can write a letter to your loved one in spirit, using the same process of imagination. Say what is on your heart to say, then listen with your heart for the answer. Many of Bodkin's patients reported similar phenomenon as those who had a near-death experience (NDE). 

The real gift is you genuinely experience of feeling a reconnection....