Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Just Wait



Who is it that can make muddy water clear?
No one.
But left to stand, it will gradually clear of itself.
Lao-Tzu
Tao Te Ching



One year ago, I was on the roller-coaster ride of my life. Fortunately, a dear friend and wonderful intuitive healer gave me an image that carried me along as though on angels' wings. When I told Dr. Mary Jo Bulbrook I had been diagnosed with a very aggressive mass in my abdomen, she told me there were be no shortcuts, but I would get through it. 

Mary Jo told me, "There is a red carpet being rolled out for you." 

Things were certainly going quickly. On Friday I saw a gynecologist because I had been feeling a thickening in my lower left abdomen. He did an exam, said I had a hernia, and referred me to a general surgeon, whom I saw on Tuesday. The general surgeon said it was not a hernia; did a surface ultrasound and saw something on or behind the bladder; and referred me to a urologist, whom I saw on Friday. The urologist did an exam and scheduled me for a CT scan on Monday and a cystoscopy on Tuesday. 

On Tuesday, I went right from the urologist's office to the gynecologist/oncologist, who did an exam, blood work, urinalysis, and wanted to do surgery the next Monday. 

Somewhere within this whirlwind, my heart had the presence of mind for me ask if my waiting one week would change the prognosis. 

You see, the following week was Thanksgiving and we were scheduled to go to Tennessee to have time with kids and grandkids. 

Dr. Method (there is a Method to the madness?) gave me the cautions of waiting but told me it would probably not make a huge difference. I said, "I need to go see my family." 

I shared the decision to wait to do the surgery in a Thanksgiving message to friends this week. I needed to see their faces, hear their voices, touch them and have them touch me. I made that trip lying in the backseat of my van, riding on what we referred to as my "Princess" bed, and the scheduled procedure took place Monday after Thanksgiving, November 26, 2012. 

Yesterday, we got our first snow of the season here in Saint Joseph—and it was a big one! 

I grabbed this snip from a video of the near white-out conditions.
I saw reports of up to 17 inches of total snowfall near here, and I would say we had between 12 and 14 inches at our house! 

Our snowblower had not even come out of the barn and into the garage yet, and I suggested we use the Tennessee snow strategy of the lord giveth and the lord taketh away. 

This photo was taken about 3:00 in the afternoon. Who would have dreamed what a difference giving something the tincture of time can make.

Sometimes the situation resolves itself if you just wait.