Friday, January 8, 2016

Great Things Come in Small Packages!



When I found out I was going to be a grandma, I went kicking and screaming. I was only 39 years old, and I was way too busy to be a grandmother. 

Everything changed 26 years ago today, when I held Bradley Joseph Zelenak for the first time. He truly is an "Angel Baby!"


“Hi, I’m your Gammie,” slipped off my tongue like velvet when his newborn eyes looked into mine, and the euphemism "Gammie" stuck. To this day, all three of my grandchildren, plus many others who know me as their grandmother call me Gammie. 

(See my previous post: Truly Meaningful Gifts.) 

It is not uncommon to resist some of the best things life is bringing our way. Perhaps that is because we truly do not recognize the blessings until we have received them. 

For sure, being Gammie has been (and is) one of my greatest joys. 

I will try to remember you can welcome what you resist. Great things come in small packages!