Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Spiritual Healing



“Saul is quite the healer,” Sheilana quietly announced following the meditation. Sheilana Massey has been recognized as gifted since her early life within a Quaker farm family. For decades, Dr. Massey has hosted a weekly Meditation for Peace in her home on Pine Island in Southwest Florida. She had heard of Dr. Saul Shaye’s spiritual healing for years, but was herself meeting him for the first time that day.

He looked anything but extraordinary, although the Star of David amulet with a cross in the middle caught my eye right away. Nothing about his appearance hinted that he had been a contender for Mr. Louisiana, although he later shared a treasured (yellowed) version of this photo as proof of his life-long passion in body-building. 



In 1973, while Dr. Shaye was working on his doctorate in chiropractic in Iowa, he attended a workshop on psychic diagnosis, intent on disproving the technique. After attending the workshop, Dr. Shaye found to his surprise that he too could read and diagnose by sensing energy fields.

When Dr. Shaye offered to provide a demonstration of his spiritual healing I quickly said I would love to be his demonstration subject. I later offered if anyone else in the group wanted to be the recipient, but none came forth so my exact words were, “I am always willing to receive healing and grace.” 

While Saul went to the car to get his portable table, and bring in some copies of The Little Book of Miracles, Lois Mallinder told us she had put the booklet together over 20 years ago as a gift of gratitude after having benefited from Dr. Shaye’s spiritual healing. Since that time, she has printed and shared over 45,000 copies. You can get a free e-book from Smashwords or download the pdf version by putting Dr. Saul Shaye The Little Book of Miracles into a search engine. 

You can listen to interviews online and I found this photo that substantiates his relationship with the Green Bay Packers. He told us Brett Favre has received his spiritual healings, too. 

Dr. Shaye asked me if I was comfortable saying in front of the others what I would receive healing for. I assured him I was, and, when instructed to limit my list to three (even though he assure me that every healing need would be addressed), I first mentioned abdominal bloating that had been a very uncomfortable side effect of the surgery I had in 2012 to remove a 21 centimeter mass from my abdomen. Second on my list was spinal and muscular challenges since having been diagnosed and treated for polio when I was five years old. “My left knee,” was my last comment. 

“Put your shoes on and lie face down, please.” Before he even touched me my left knee started twitching with energy. I am not a newbie to energy work, and I am very sensitive. I could feel energy running throughout my body as I listened to him explaining to the others what he was doing. I was aware he addressed a leg-length discrepancy related to my left knee being out of balance. Sensations of energy have continued, and there is a very welcome relief from the abdominal discomfort.

I want to shout to the mountain tops. Knowing I cannot decide what is best for another, I have shared information about Saul with several. 

What makes some people open to spiritual healing while others hold bias or even fear? This especially baffles me about Christians, given that Jesus was a healer and told his followers you are healers, too. John 14:12, “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father.”

Was it chance that placed me at that gathering, or destiny? Say only, I am grateful….