Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What Will It Take?



Many of you know my personal healing journey of when I had been given a diagnosis of degenerative disc disease—L4, L5, and S1, and osteoarthritis of the hip. I was told that I needed to have a hip replacement but, since I was only 38 years old at the time, it was suggested I wait. Otherwise, it was thought I would have one hip replacement, and it would only last 10 years, then I could only have one more, and would be left with no options at 58 years old.
I was evaluated at the Post Polio Clinic at University of Michigan. There I was told I had not actually had polio when I was five years old, even though I had been diagnosed with (and had been treated for) polio in 1955. I was prescribed a lumbar support, a shoe lift, and physical therapy. I was taking 1,000 mg of Naprosyn daily.
With everything that was done to me, my symptoms got worse. I used to say that I had bad days and worse days. At that time of my life, I never had a day where I was pain free.
The medical doctors told me I would not be able to work, I would be in constant pain, and I was told that I would never have quality of life. I am so grateful that you don't have to take bad advice, even when it is delivered as a hypnotic command, and even when you paid for it!
One of my friends was a nurse. She needed some quick CEUs so she attended a Healing Touch Level 1 workshop. She came back from that, brought me her manual, and gave it to me saying, "I don't know why I took this, but it is you." I did not know anything about chakras, or auras, or meridians, but I knew a lot about chronic pain, and one of the techniques said it was for relief of chronic pain. Learning about energy healing gave me my life back, and I have since dedicated my life to sharing that with others. Now, over 60 years of age, I bike, hike, and totally enjoy life!
Dr. Paul Alfalla, chiropractor, shaman, and healer, with Amelia.
Today while I listened to Dr. Mary Jo Bullbrook's Wise Chats internet radio interview with Dr. Paul Alfalla, a chiropractor from Lima, Peru, I kept wondering, "What will it take?" I know what it took for me to open up to a paradigm of healing that goes beyond the physical. I have been honored to witness what it took to open up many clients, including Jane Foster who is an amazing spokesperson for Imagine Healing. 

It may not take a universal movement at all. No, when  it is time, it is time. Thank god that is true.