Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sharing Ideas



"If you have a penny and I have a penny and we exchange pennies,
you still have one cent and I still have one cent.
But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange ideas,
you now have two ideas and I now have two ideas."
- Unknown

It is wonderful, isn’t it, how you can give a blessing and then you have more than you previously had. I was pondering this idea while I was bike riding here in South Florida. The ride truly presented some interesting ideas, so I will share some of them with you.

We saw a tiny carcass on the side of the road. I took a photo of it, unsure what it was. A Google search for baby mouse images brought up one that looked just like this one we found, so I know that it was a mouse.

A grave marker beside the road caught our eye. It marks the spot where a young woman died when her car plummeted into the canal. Her family is raising money (and awareness), working to get a guard rail installed. There have been five crashes at that exact location in just seven years, two of them resulting in fatalities due to drowning. 


As we were looking at a map, and the end of the bike lane, pondering whether to go on or turn around, a motorcyclist pulled over to the curb, hopped off his bike saying something about being stung on his leg. He unzipped his boot and a wasp flew out! It was mad as a hornet, and so was he! His comment was, “Too bad I did not get the satisfaction of killing the SOB!”

That got me thinking… so here is my “top five” list of things it is a miracle any of us survive:

1.    Sneezing. We know your heart stops.
2.    Anesthesia. We know your heart can stop during that, too.
3.    Airplanes. It can’t be natural for something as big as a house to fly.
4.    Slides. Why do they let a toddler climb to the top of an eight foot ladder?
5.    Birth. How does a 7-10 pound baby get out of there alive?

Regardless, of why else, we survive because the highway of life is Miracle Parkway. Give thanks today… and every day!