Saturday, March 3, 2012

Patience and Timing


A flock of peacocks live here in Harbor Hills, where I am visiting my husband’s brother and sister-in-law. Cindy and I wanted to get some photos. One day they were out, but neither of us had our cameras with us. One day we both had our cameras, but it was very foggy, so lighting would not be very good.

We decided to wait for a better day.

Thursday morning, our patience was rewarded!



Peacocks in Harbor Hills, Florida.
The timing was just right for some really amazing encounters with both the peas and the hens. I got an amazing video with full display.That got me thinking about patience and timing in other areas of my life….

I know in the past I have been impatient with regards to developing consciousness, especially around my work. For example, when I think about Richard Bandler and John Grinder having created NLP (See: http://scs-matters.com/scs_nlp.shtml#) forty years ago, and not have it integrated in education or psychology or religion or life, yet.

I learned Healing Touch™ over seventeen years ago. I have since worked with a man who was able to cancel back surgery following one session. I enjoy being pain free, after having been told I would never have quality of life. I have seen cysts dissipate with my work. Yet, I still meet people who have never heard of Healing Touch™, I work for a hospital that will not allow Reiki (another energy modality) because it is considered to not be Christian, people can be afraid to make changes, and I have even been told that energy work is Satanic.

Yet, I notice this all seems very insignificant in the long run.

YET is a very important concept in this discussion. I trust it is just a matter of time until everyone recognizes what a difference energy work and NLP makes. In fact, often it is the difference that makes all the difference.

The next time I feel impatient, I hope I can remember the joy I had photographing the peacocks, and I can enjoy more patience and trust the timing. This is a snip from the video, but even thought it does not make a good quality photo, you can see that we were gifted a full display. The reward for our patience and timing....